Here is some more information on the Private Music Lessons on the Internet.
Traditional Approach + Modern Technology: The easiest, most enjoyable, most effective way to learn any instrument is with the personal guidance of a teacher who’s already developed the skills you want to learn. That’s the time tested way to study music, and it works. IndianMusiclessons brings that method up to date, in a setting that’s more convenient and effective than traditional lesson studios. Online lessons work the same way as sitting in the studio with your instructor – you see, hear, and talk with your teacher in real time. For clients of all ages and skill levels, it’s already proved itself to be the best way to learn an instrument.
Meet live and in person with an online private instructor – our lessons are not prerecorded videos. Online lessons provide the exact same personal interaction offered in traditional music studio lessons, with convenience and educational benefits that are unbeatable. The IndianMusiclessons professional teaching staff offer a revolutionary new way to learn how to play and sing Indian Classical Music. See, hear, and talk with a teacher in real-time audio/video lessons. Meet face-to-face, ask questions, watch your teacher demonstrate and explain, and then get personal help learning every movement and concept in detail – just like in a traditional private music lesson. The only difference is that it all happens directly on your computer. We use both skype and FaceTime for Mac users.
IndianMusiclessons.com lessons are a true replacement for traditional weekly lessons at the local music studio. There are no trade-offs in terms of educational quality or personal human interaction. Video conferenced lessons are just as personal, just as lively, and just as effective as being there in person, and they offer many benefits that simply aren’t available at local studios…
Save time and money + get a better learning experience: Students and their families spend an average of 1 hour driving to and from lessons each week. That’s a waste of energy and resources, and it’s an unnecessary aggravation. IndianMusiclessons.com offers live music instruction that provides the same personal interaction as traditional lessons, with benefits that you won’t find at local studios:
- Because online lessons are more convenient, online students typically miss fewer appointments. That leads to greater consistency in the learning process, and it’s ultimately better for the student. Music lessons often get in the way of obligatory events, rescheduling is difficult, and like other extra curricular activities, lessons are typically the first thing to get cut. Those disruptions often cause enough frustration for students to quit entirely. Online students rarely miss their lessons. In contrast, local studio students typically miss an average of 1 lesson a month due to travel difficulties (bad weather, schedule conflicts, car trouble, etc.). You’re more likely to keep lessons moving at a comfortable, consistent pace when travel isn’t involved.
- Young students concentrate better online – the distractions and insecurities caused by uncomfortable surroundings in a commercial lesson studio are dramatically lessened online. Shyness disappears to a large degree when young students learn in the comfort and safety of home, and more effective work gets accomplished (this is true for teenagers and adults too). Online lessons are still just as fun, personal, and lively as lessons in person – they’re just more comfortable at home.
- Close-up shots with the camera clarify hand position and movement. Our students say the camera works better than in-person demonstrations – even better than having a teacher move their fingers in person (the teacher camera can get within 1/2 inch of fingers to clarify every detail of position and movement – in person, students never get that close). Often, the video is easier to watch, and your instructor can control what he wants you to see, with greater clarity and focus.
- Online lessons allow you to take lessons with professional teachers living in India.
- Thirteen year old Ayush Ghosh is a registered student of IndianMusicLessons.com. He takes lessons with Pandit Sanjoy Bandopadhyay in both real and virtual settings. Enjoy his sitar recital, a clip from his Kolkata Concert before a large audience.
“Initially I was hesitant about learning the sitar in Real Time mode over the Internet. My concerns were to do with things like latency, Internet reliability, time zone differences, etc. However, after taking the offer of two free lessons I realised these were minor issues, especially when compared to the expertise and skills Professor Sanjoy Bandopadhyay has to offer.”
It is completely my pleasure to be a student of IML!
Markus J. Weininger, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Brazil
I would recommend this form of teaching to anyone who is serious about learning the Sitar from a true Professional. In just a few lessons my skills and confidence has grown ten fold, I am now starting to feel like a Sitarist!” Mahesh Sharma, UK
“I was very impressed with my first vocal lesson. I would like to learn sitar in this method, as well as, continue the vocal lessons— “ Vimal A. Keshvara, Canada
“I have been learning to play sitar on line (through internet) for 7 months from professor Sanjoy Bandopadhyay. It is a great experience and my playing has improved beyond my expectations. This is really a fantastic opportunity to have the guidance from a real pandit. The teachings are deeply thought and systematically organised, according to the level of the student. As a result, the tone, speed, clarity, and expression in my playing has improved immensely. I want to go on with the experience as long as possible.” :: Denis Jouin, France
————————–Click to see more testimonials